Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

"Transition"

Sold


Opening Scene:  EXT. MALL PARKING LOT - DUSK

Exterior entrance has cool bluish grays contrasting beautifully with a warm interior glow.  Lead character COLOR speaks first in a conversation with GUT ...



COLOR
"Wow, I'm amazing!"

GUT
"Paint this!"

BRAIN, in a needy and codependent relationship with REASON, speed up beside GUT in a sage green electric convertible car. 

BRAIN
"Wait just one minute Gut!  Think!!  What are you doing going off in this random new direction!"

REASON (sarcastically chiming in)
"I see no bows, or presents, or perhaps you think a lame attempt at a shopping bag might tie all this together somehow?"

ignoring REASON, GUT replies to BRAIN

GUT
"You've been obsessing over beautiful exteriors and unknown interiors for years now, this is the same ..... but different, merged into one." 

(cut to BRAIN, close-up - surprised in lightbulb moment)

:)

Click HERE for painting info

as always, thank you for putting up with my nonsense :)

7 comments:

Jody Regan said...

Fantastic! Wonderful temperature relationships. So excited about this new direction, and I love the dialogue.

Jennifer said...

LOVE THIS! Love the painting, but really love the process behind it, and the whole scenario.

Linda Popple said...

I really like the warm and cool shifts, but also the almost abstract quality of your design. I hope you continue to explore this new direction.

Karen Appleton said...

Thank you Jody, Jennifer, and LInda! It was truly one of those 'wow moments' my eyes got ahead of my brain. I couldn't get over the color and abstract pattern.
Thank you for commenting!!

Unknown said...

Karen, this is a great new direction. Totally jealous that you are going there... I've been trying to figure out how to paint similar scenes here in Singapore. Lane Bennion has been doing some absolutely beautiful shopping mall scenes. I know yours are going to be fantastic!

Kate Lewis said...

beautiful, karen! i love the layers, layers, layers. can't wait to see what's next. :)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

what? what? WHAT????
Slam bangin' painting and design.
WoW!!