Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

South Shore Arts Salon Show Award

I'm excited and honored to be the recipient of the "Ernestine 'Dolly' M. Wisnewski Memorial Award" which I received at the opening reception of the South Shore Arts Salon Show. The reception was wonderful, and the show itself is a diverse and fantastic group of artwork. About 70 pieces in all - paintings, photography, sculpture, video, and one installation piece.

I am so pleased to be a part of the show, and extremely honored to be chosen for this award!

14 comments:

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Fabulous news and well-deserved. What lovely news and I am glad you told us! keep painting those gift wrapped boxes.....they are special.

Tracey Mardon said...

You deserve every bit of it Karen, way to go!

Leslie Saeta said...

This is certainly not a surprise ... your art is so amazing and thus the award was well deserved ... you have a gift my dear!

FCP said...

Congrats, Karen. As always, these are well deserved.
all the best,
Faye

Christine Mercer-Vernon said...

well done, well deserved, congratulations karen, so exciting, i am very happy for you!! :)

Deltra Powney said...

Congratulations! Yes, well deserved, your work is beautiful.

Lara Harris said...

Congratulations!Beautiful work!:)

Things That Inspire said...

This is a beautiful painting, and well deserving of the award! Congratulations. I love seeing the painting next to the ribbon as it gives me a good sense for the size and scale!

Christine Bray said...

Congrats! You deserve that award. Your paintings are beautiful. I can't wait to see your new one :)

Karen Appleton said...

Oh wow, thank you all so very much! I am so grateful for everyone's comments and congrats! You are all way tooooo kind!!

Thank you!!
Karen

Rob Hazzard said...

Congratulations! You have a wonderful talent that is so evident in your work.

Anonymous said...

Excellent! You absolutely deserve it, my friend! Congratulations to you!

Helen Read said...

yay! Karen!! I am NOT surprised! :)
Beautiful work, as always.

Becky Joy said...

Congratulations, your work deserves it.