Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Exciting News

Two exciting pieces of news I would like to share with everyone. First, I was interviewed by a new website called Neoteric Art. The site was started by a friend of mine and I am very flattered that he asked me to participate. He asked some tough questions and they were fun to answer. Just follow the link over to check it out.

Second, the dandelions are here! Serendipitous moments happen to me all the time! I have long awaited these beauties and I can't believe they decided to pop up today. Weed to most, but to me it is the first glorious color after the long winter. Right now they are just dots here and there along the lake front, but soon it will be a sea of gold!

9 comments:

Ann Reyes said...

Yea!!! You're back! I've missed seeing your new work. Dark Comedy is awesome, as usual. And, your interview is very well done. You are good at verbalizing your thoughts. Congratulations on the honor!

Jason Waskey said...

I have dandelion farms to the left and the right of me...

Congrats on the interview-- a good read.

Karen Appleton said...

Thank you Ann and Jason for taking time to read the interview! Thank you for the comments and Jason I am sooooo jealous of your dandelion farm!!!

Jennifer said...

I still want that painting of present wrapped in the comics...

I'm off to read your interview.

Unknown said...

karen! i would love to write something that is both artsy and witty, but all that comes to mind at the moment is how magnificent your work is! i've been raving about it the entire afternoon. i've already told andrew what i want my next "present" to be :) sorry for running off to quickly this afternoon. i had my andrew and my family in a world of panic. looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Anonymous said...

Wow, read your interview. You express your thoughts and intentions exceptionally well. Very interesting read.

Dandelions? Sweetie, you are SO garden deprived! I won't even tell you what I planted in my veggie garden today. But I did pull up a couple of dandelions.

Karen Appleton said...

Thank you Jennifer, Christina, and Silvina!

Dar Presto said...

Karen, you are insightful and eloquent. I love your work. And I have an affection for dandelions too. They make a wonderful dye for silk.

Karen Appleton said...

Thank you dar presto! I am finding out all manner of things to do with dandelions since I began this painting. I had no idea the dandelion had so many uses. The things we learn just by painting a painting.