Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Varnishing Day

Don’t you just love varnishing day??!! Wow, what a difference varnish makes in the colors, like sparkling jewels. This has been a bright spot in an otherwise gloomy day. I needed to varnish my most recent little paintings for an “Open Studio Night” I am participating in at the Fine Arts Building this Friday. If anyone reading this lives here in Chicago, I’ll be on the fifth floor. Please come by and introduce yourself! Oh… and I got my haircut today and to my receipt they stapled a little piece of yellow paper that said, “Wherever you go, go with your whole heart”, just thought I’d pass it along. Oh my, the sun is coming back out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep hearing; be fully present in the moment, whatever you're doing. I think it's similar to 'go with your full heart'. I'm having a little trouble grasping if it's as simple as it sounds or if there's a secret I have to discover. Does it mean; give it your all? hm.

Karen Appleton said...

You know, I think you are right about the "whole heart" quote I passed on. Because I guess if you go with half your heart, you're not giving it your all. I was in one of those moments where I interpreted it as....where ever you go, go with love in your heart, you know like your heart bursting it is so full:) Well, I am a little crazy if you haven't decided that already!
Karen