Pages

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Milky Way

SOLD

This chocolaty nuggety ribbon could easily be about a candy bar. It’s close to Valentine’s Day and it looks yummy
buuuuuut…
that's not the entire story :)


I recently read an article HERE about Milky Ways, the outer space kind ;-) and how they are actually shaped like RIBBONS (!!!!) that wind tightly around (!!!!) :D


The article says that on a really dark night, that ribbon so brightly shines with stars it makes it possible to see what is normally hidden from view…the dark center of the Milky Way! 
So, of course, I HAD to paint that!!



Like the night sky, I have a BIG obsession with staring into the darkest dark of what I'm painting, and putting that dark in first.


I find that the dark helps me see a tremendous variety of color I would not see otherwise.


When I'm painting, I know I will eventually find my way out of the dark.  However, the concept of our universe is like a vapor in my mind I can't quiet make out. A puzzle I'm suppose to figure out. 


I feel if I could only focus my mind in just the right way I might discover understanding of creation itself! 
Or see that there is an analogy I should be grasping about my own darkness showing me the light.


These larger than life mysteries I am convinced I can almost see when I'm painting.
When I slow my eyes down… quiet the spinning stars in my head...and really look into the dark.

Click HERE for purchase info
and now Mr. Scotty, beam me up! :)

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love this and the story behind it. I'm glad to see you're blogging again!

Karen Appleton said...

Thank you Jennifer!! I’m trying to revive the ole blog ;-)

Alli🌞 said...

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨Dazzled by thoughts words and painting ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Angel charls said...

To install Samsung printer drivers on Mac, you will be required to start with the printing jobs and for that you need to set up the printer drivers on your device. Samsung printers have the latest contemporary features and technology for a smoother printing experience in a very less time.
---------------------------------
Samsung Telefoonnummer

ESLAM UWK said...

شركات قطع غيار مصاعد قطع غيار المصاعد ضرورية للتشغيل السليم للمصاعد. بدونها ، لن تكون المصاعد قادرة على التحرك لأعلى ولأسفل هناك أنواع مختلفة من قطع غيار المصاعد ، وكلها مهمة للتشغيل السليم للمصاعد. تشمل بعض أجزاء المصاعد الأكثر شيوعًا آلات الجر ، وفرش الماكينة ، وأجهزة استشعار الأبواب ، وأنظمة التحكم.