Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Help"


I am utterly blown away by synchronicity! I finished this painting two weeks ago and loaded it on my website, but hadn't posted it here. What is amazing to me, is that when I decided on the title two weeks ago, I did not know the overwhelming amount of kindness and HELP that would be directed my way! Thank you so much to Sande Chase from A Gift Wrapped Life who posted my painting "Look At Me." Thank you Sande!

Plus many many thanks you to those who have emailed to let me know my paintings were also appearing on other fabulous blogs too! Thank you to Shelter , Design Darling , Patterson Maker's Tumblr , and Crush Cul de Sac, for somehow stumbling upon my paintings and being kind enough to spread the word! Thank you so much!

When I wrapped this present to paint, I tried to make the arms (ribbon) outstretched as if asking for help. I did not know I would receive it! Now I see that outstretched arms give help too!

11 comments:

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

Oh wonderful! So happy to hear your gorgeous paintings are being noticed. Us gift-wrappng ladies must stick together, there is only a few of us! Much love XO

Anonymous said...

That's great! Getting recognition from blogs other than other artist's should be our goal. Spread the fine art around! : D

Anonymous said...

p.s. the banner picture on this blog is STUNNINGLY gorgeous!

Christine Mercer-Vernon said...

well deserved karen... i am not surprised so many bloggers are smitten with 'gifts'...there is something about gifts whether giving or receiving, it's that unknown of what might lie inside, capturing that in painting just continues that excitement each time the painting is viewed. who wouldn't love that! i hope someday to have one of your paintings in my home, so i can smile everytime i see it :]

Helen Read said...

I love this! and I also like very much the (new) look of your blog!

Karen Appleton said...

Thanks to YOU Sande! :) Thanks so much!!

Yes, thank you Silvina! I love that goal! :) Thank you soooo much on the compliments of the banner pic. It took me ONLY three years of having a blog to figure out how to add a picture! Plus my sweet husband purchased iwork so I could create the banner! Yeah husbands!

Thank you Helen! I had lots of fun playing around with blogger's new templates. Thanks so much for noticing!

ChampagneMaker said...

Blogging you forward is the easy part! You keep doing the hard part! Your work is so beautiful! Big Crush @ CrushParty and in the Cul de Sac! xoxo

Christine Bray said...

Karen you helped when you really taught me how to paint for many years. You have helped so many artists and I know anyone who has learned from you feels the same way. Thank you and this is a beautiful painting.

Karen Appleton said...

Welcome Crush Party! I've had so much fun checking out your blogs today!!! Dang I wish I knew how to knit! Your blogs are soooo inspiring! You seriously must never sleep! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Awwwwwe.....Christine.......you are so sweet! (as I wipe tears away from my eyes) That is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said, you are much toooo kind, I appreciate you all tolerating me!! Thank you!

Unknown said...

i am so glad to run across your blog! i too put the blue ribbon painting on my (rinky-dink family) blog but had no idea who to credit! i'll do so asap. the pic is my inspiration for this year's christmas! yay! thanks for giving me some color direction! MP

Karen Appleton said...

Thank you Megan! I am so glad to be on your blog too!! Wow, I am blown away!