Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Presage"

I must be taking my vitamins, because this painting just painted itself. This painting is a diptych, with one of the canvases containing this present, and its companion canvas containing the present's shadow. The above post shows the two together, but the zoom capability is not very clear and I wanted you to be able to see the thick brushwork in the velvet ribbon. (which you can do by clicking on this picture for a close up view)

So what's in a present?

These paintings of presents represent for me the unseen, more specifically the soul. If the eye is the window to the soul, is it a two way street? By that I mean, if someone looks into our eyes they can see into our soul, right? So can our souls also be revealed, and maybe just to ourselves, by what we take in through our eyes? Do we let our exterior world affect our interior world?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another stunning bow! Love the thick, juicy green paint. Yum.

Regarding the soul... I think that the pictures we paint definitly reveal our soul, wether we know it (or intended it) or not. Because this shows others what we take in through our eyes. What grabs our attention and inspires us. Even the type of brush strokes and colors we choose is revealing of our soul.
These things show our temperament.

Just an opinion. : ]

Karen Appleton said...

Thanks Silvina! I love your comments on the soul too, yes I agree!! Thanks for taking time to read my ramblings:)
Karen

Debbie Miller said...

don't you just love those 'hey that was easy' painting days...and with such great results too. bravo.