Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Lake Shore, Wilson Avenue


SOLD


This little series is finally finished. I started my blog with the blue present and basically painted in reverse. I wanted to show all four paintings together and I am thrilled they are staying together as a group. A collector here in Chicago purchased them but they are travelling soon to his new bed and breakfast in New Orleans. Next for me ..... you guessed it, more presents. I am going to take Debbie Miller's advice and do several smaller sized presents for an up-coming "Open Studio" I hope to be participating in next month.
Oh shucks, I thought all four were going to be lined up horizontally!! Oh well, hopefully you can visualize what it should look. If anyone out there knows how I can arrange this so all four are together please let me know.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,

What a wonderful concept. I remember that great feeling of anticipation when I would see a beautifully wrapped gift and wonder with delight at what was inside. That's what your painting makes me think of. Beautifully executed paintings.

Karen Appleton said...

Thank you Silvina, what a beautiful interpretation. Thanks so for sharing!
Karen

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

what a great piece. i love the realism and depth. i am glad i found your blog

-simon