Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Crush" in progress







This is the second time I've painted this little present. My first attempt, about a year ago, just did not capture the feeling I was after, so here I am trying again. I still have the left side of the bow to finish, but since I have not posted in so long I decided to let everyone see what I've been up to. My painting process is a strange one, and until I discovered Alex Kanevsky's website I thought I might be the only painter that goes about destroying the previous days work with no hesitation. What I mean by that is; I begin a painting then the next day when I return to it I might totally change colors, light, mood, everything. I always paint my "Presents" from life, and I think this daily change has to do with the change of light in my studio, my mood and my music which are apt to change every day as well. This particular painting has changed tremendously. One day there will be lots of purples in the shadows, the next day these shadows will be ochre. I always have a 'feel' I'm after in my painting, and keeping this in mind has helped me get back on track.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright! a new painting!
This has to be the floppiest, lushest and most opulent bow I've ever seen.
The warm peach-pinks remind me of that elusive color on the inside of some seashells.
Because of the size of the bow, I'm wondering if "Crush" is supposed to have a double meaning.
A. a gift from a crush
B. the box is crushed by the bow

Karen Appleton said...

Oh.... I love the way you're thinkin' Silvina!
Karen

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

wow! I love this progression!. Your color is fantastic. Every one of these little gift paintings is a winner.
By the way, I am going to look into the problem about posting comments on my blog. I hear it often :(